Surf Credits now offered for Costa Rica Surf Camps
by: Tim Marsh of Safari Surf School
SurfCredits is an exciting new platform for surf travelers to give back to the places they surf! Not only can surfers make a difference in the communities they visit by donating to a local nonprofit, but they can also score some sweet deals! SurfCredits partners with the surf industry to offer exclusive discounts on merchandise, trips and more!
SurfCredits launched successfully last month during the Volcom Fiji Pro and Safari Surf is stoked to be an early supporter of this innovative surf-philanthropy nonprofit. As a demonstration of our commitment to sustainability, Safari Surf has partnered with SurfCredits by offering a free one-week vacation package for the raffle winner!
From now until the end of August, when you purchase a SurfCredit, you are automatically entered in the raffle. In addition, Safari Surf will also be purchasing a Costa Rica SurfCredit for every person who purchases a vacation package with us, and all funds will be donated to the Surfing Nosara Foundation!
We are the first surf travel company to make this commitment, and we hope it catches on. It is such a great way to make sure every person who visits Nosara contributes to the community in some way. What you could win:
Sustainable Surf Tourism Certification Update As mentioned in our July Newsletter, we are on a path towards Sustainable Surf Tourism Certification from the Center for Surf Research. Here are the initiatives we have implemented so far:
- (7) Days and (7) Nights at the Casa Tucan Hotel in Nosara
- Breakfast and Dinners Daily (dinner includes 3 beers or 2 glasses of wine)
- (2) Surfing classes daily including all equipment (max 3 to 1 student-teacher ratio)
- Complimentary photos and videos shot professionaly by SNP & SSS
- Safari Surf School T-Shirt
- Your choice of one of the following activities:
- (5) Yoga Classes & (1) One-Hour Full-Body massage
- Miss Sky Canopy Zipline Tour
- Horseback Riding Tour
- Kayaking Tour
- Stand-up Paddle Tour
Sustainability training sessions and related educational materials for staff
All our office and hotel supplies are sourced through Costa Rican-based company GreenSolutions (wholesale distributor of environmentally friendly products), including, but not limited to:
Staff involvement with local organizations such as Nosara Tsunami Evacuation Planning Committee, Nosara Sostenible & Nosara Recicle.
The Green Sea Turtles have begun to lay their eggs at Playa Ostional and we will be volunteering with MINAE to protect the little guys as they hatch through September.
- Office: 80% recycled plastic pens, 100% recycled content stationery, 100% recycled folders & files
- Housekeeping: (biodegradable/non-toxic cleaning supplies, recycled content toilet paper, biodegradable laundry detergent & trash bags)
- Kitchen supplies (non-toxic degreasers, biodegradable food containers & cutlery)
About Surf Credits (from their website):
"SurfCredits is an online donation platform where surf travelers can give back to the places they surf. At Surf Credits, we believe giving should be more than just its own reward. That’s why we have partnered with surf industry partners and corporate sponsors to bring you exclusive deals on merchandise, trips, and more. The deals change monthly, so check back to see what new surf gear deals are up for grabs. Each time you purchase a Surf Credit, we’ll provide you a code to redeem your reward. Pretty sweet, huh?
Surf Credits is the brainchild of three organizations that support sustainable travel and responsible tourism practices: iJourneyGreen, the Surf Resource Network, and the Center for Surf Research at San Diego State University.
Surf. Save. Repeat."